New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canvas Possibles Bag
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Never seen or heard of one. The better half had some printed canvas so I thought I would give it a shot. Wanted a small bag for my pistols so this is what I am working on. I am just starting to learn on these things so dont be too hard on me.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 25 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Nice, and there's nothing like making your own stuff.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
And welcome to the campfire. Great having you over here, flintrock.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
flintrock,
Looks good to me as well. Are you going to use a shoulder strap or maybe a belt loop to carry your bag?
Having all of the stuff to make your pistol shoot in one bag makes good sense.
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hanshi and andy* for the kind words. andy* I am leaning toward a shoulder strap for this one but dont know for sure. I like the belt idea. This bag is about 8" x 8" so might be a little big for the belt? I will post more pics as I progress. Heres a pic of my pistols.

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Well, made some progress so figured I would show it for advice. Didnt really want the same thing for the flap so I found something else to use. Made the back of the flap go down far enough to make a small inside pocket to hold caps/capper, or maybe a primer for my flinter. I did learn I am not very good at stitching. Jabbed myself in the leg 3 or 4 times doing the flap part. Found that distilled corn, taken internally, eases the pain. Anyway, here are a couple of pics of where I am at on this project. This kinda stuff is hard for me. 10 thumbs you might say. Years ago I was making trigger guards and butt plates. Hands more made for swinging a hammer.

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Other pic.

Pilgrim
Picture of kopfjaeger
posted Hide Post
Very nice bag.

" A godly man and his rifle deprive sleep from the wicked, A christian man who prays is the defeater of evil, A praying man who will fight is the conqueror of nations and the hope of the oppressed "

Posts: 51 | Registered: 07 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
That will make a nice Bag.

LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Looks good,I'm certainly not going to be one to complain about someone elses' sewing. Wink

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted Hide Post
Nice bag and nice pistols. Glad to know someone else has a Colt Walker "cannon".

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Stone Fence
posted Hide Post
Nice work!

My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 27 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: 20 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I Don't Like It!

It's too pretty........

How am I supposed to go into the thick woods with a piece of artwork on my hip? I'd never relax to hunt....I'd always be worried about messing it up... Eeker IF Rembrandt had painted an image on a door, I wouldn't use that door as a door......

(reverse compliment)

Big Grin

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
I believe, that whether eastern frontiersmen, scouts, trappers, or the mountain men of the next century, they made what they needed with what was available. I think that you are being loyal to that concept and have made a bag that is attractive and certainly useful. Well done, and welcome. There are lots of nice items that most of us have posted to the accoutrements section which might give you some ideas for future projects.

Again, welcome and well done on your bag.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post