New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going back to Goex
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
you can get GOEX black powder at BASS PRO for 25 Dollars a pound.

Posts: 33 | Location: mo. ozarks | Registered: 02 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
What state?

Posts: 210 | Location: Fingerlakes | Registered: 02 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
that would be in springfield mo. i dont know of any other bass pro stores.

Posts: 33 | Location: mo. ozarks | Registered: 02 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Bass Pro in Savannah GA as well as the one in Macon and Atlanta. Make sure you ask them at the Gun Counter.... it is stored in their safe in the back.

Posts: 7 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Actually, Make SURE you check the can they hand you that it's black powder AND the granulation, no matter where you make the purchase. I have seen even well versed clerks hand the wrong granulation of Goex to an unsuspecting and trustful customer, only to find they have bought $25 of 4Fg. In larger stores, I have seen yahoos behind the gun counters handing out smokeless powder when the customer asked for a BP substitute because the label colors are similar.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Will have to get up to Bass Pro in Auburn, NY to see if they have it. New restricition on purchasing anything in NY were set to be in place Jan. 15, 2014, but the NY State Police weren't set up to do real background checks to purchase ammunition.:-(

Posts: 210 | Location: Fingerlakes | Registered: 02 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
- this stuff I am shooting is so damned dirty it takes forever to clean my rifles.

-----------------------------------------------------

fyi the Schutzen powder I have used fowls the same..

Posts: 122 | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
It might not be illegal to own black powder, but if your homeowners insurance company finds out you have it, they can and will cancel your homeowners policy!!

Posts: 6 | Registered: 23 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jon:
It might not be illegal to own black powder, but if your homeowners insurance company finds out you have it, they can and will cancel your homeowners policy!!

Again, depends on different factors. Where you live and who you have a policy with. Could also be how you store it. Still trying to figure.... how do they know? There are worse things in most peoples homes than bp.

Posts: 7 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Gasolene, comes to mind.

It's not the first time, I've protected my hair, in just such a manner.

Posts: 44 | Location: Independence, MO. | Registered: 28 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I have used Graf powder in 2&3f and have liked it very well. That said, I have a supply of Goex and that is all I've used for a long time.

Posts: 721 | Location: TriCities, WA | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Another question....anybody used that Kik powder? It is less money at powderinc.com

Was considering ordering up a batch of powder and happened to see this Kik stuff in a gun test in another periodical.

Posts: 721 | Location: TriCities, WA | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post