Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol Loading Stand
 Login/Join

Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted
I was in need of some way to hole my pistol. While traveling on the web, I saw a few, so I put some pieces of wood together and ended up
with this stand.

Any comments welcome.

LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
I can only attach one photo at a time, so here is another photo of my loading stand.

Any comments welcome.

LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hey that's very good LeeRoy. I like it...think I'll do one of those myself. Do you happen to have plans/dimensions?

Posts: 721 | Location: TriCities, WA | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
That turned out great and it looks really functional.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

Dave No real plans, I just did a search on the inter-net and saw a few on different sites.

I made the base 4"W X 10"L and the Riser 4"W X 4 1/2" H. The notch to hold the pistol was started with a 1 1/2" hole saw, with the top part cut off.

The riser is not attached to the base.
The rest is just to your taste.

LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
I like it, it looks good. I just load the cylinder while it’s out of the frame. Might have to make one. Thanks for the pictures......B Staley

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Great idea and well done. That surely beats loading a c&b revolver free hand.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I tried loading while holding the revolver with my hands and it was no fun.

LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.