New
Find
Notify
Tools

primitive fire website
 Login/Join

Hivernant
posted
Hello the campfire! I was curious if anyone has had any dealings with primitivefire.com? I just purchased a spanish style striker from them recently but haven't received it yet. Just curious thanks.

Bear Claw

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Notchy Bob
posted Hide Post
Howdy, Bear Claw

Did you get your striker? How well does it work?

I have never dealt with Primitive Fire, and I am unfamiliar with their products. I have a Spanish-style eslabón striker made by Don Abbott, and it is probably my favorite. Very few of the sutlers and blacksmiths carry this style of striker in their product line.

Let us know how you like it.

Notchy Bob

"Should have kept the old ways just as much as I could, and the tradition that guarded us. Should have rode horses. Kept dogs."

from The Antelope Wife

Posts: 333 | Location: Florida | Registered: 24 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Hey Notchy! Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been able to be around the fire in a while. Yes I did receive the steel and very quickly I might add. Looks nice and throws a shower of sparks nice as well. That was my first dealings with the "Primitive Fire" site and was a good one. I didn't see a lot else in their product line that I may need but the striker I did purchase really shines. Now I'm in need of a small pair of hand forged pliers for my tool kit. Any suggestions?

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Larry Callahan makes a set of pliers just right for a kit. His address is bagmolds.com. I have 3 of his molds and some other stuff and it is good quality and he is good to deal with and stands by his products. In my experience.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of TurtleDave
posted Hide Post
look here about half way down.
http://www.bagmolds.com/UNZIPPED/htdocs/1.shtml

Member #277 Mo. State Rep. for the Traditional Muzzleloading Association
"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue"

Posts: 381 | Location: Butler, Missouri | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. That is exactly what I'm looking for. Again, sorry for the late post.