New
Find
Notify
Tools

RB mould repair kit
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
I have a .490 RB mould provided by TC probably 35 yrs ago +/-. The screw which holds on the spru-cutter snapped off so I need to get a new one of those. I think a "repair kit" contains the screw, lock washer, spru cutter & set screw....

Q: The original box says the the part # for this mould is 735, however the mould has stamped on it 359(?) It seems I recall that TC moulds were actually mf'd by Lyman. Does anybody know where I might get such a repair kit? Can't imagine that these things are generic given thread sizes and all....

Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 721 | Location: TriCities, WA | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Dave,
Take the advise given on the other site, I have done it myself. I wouldn't trust TC to have what you need anyway.
Mark

Posts: 68 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 31 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Notchy Bob
posted Hide Post
I don't know if the T/C mould was made by Lyman or not, but Lyman does sell repair kits for $8.95: Repair Kits

I don't know if the large single cavity kit would fit your .490 mould or not.

I tried to order some parts from T/C's online shop last year. It was not a happy experience. I did eventually get a call from them, from a weary-sounding lady who was evidently the head of their complaint department. She apologized and acknowledged their website and online store was having problems. They may have been fixed by now.

Good luck with your mould.

Notchy Bob

"Should have kept the old ways just as much as I could, and the tradition that guarded us. Should have rode horses. Kept dogs."

from The Antelope Wife

Posts: 333 | Location: Florida | Registered: 24 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post