Find
Notify
Tools

Day Horn
 Login/Join

Free Trapper
posted
Finished this today.
It's simple and hold enough for a days hunt.
8 1/2" o/s curve. 1 3/4" across butt.
scraped, filed and sanded with 320 grit.
cherry butt plug, glued w/hide glue and pinned.
chronium trioxide stain.
olive oil rub.
Pictures show alittle red but is a soft amber color. Hope you like it.

By docorlin at 2012-01-04

By docorlin at 2012-01-04

Posts: 154 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: 08 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Do some more!

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Looks good, nice work

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Pretty horn. Looks like a nice size as well.
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Beautiful horn Doc... Looks like you got the nack for sure!

PAL

"The pen maybe mightier than the sword, but at least the sword has a definite point"

Posts: 92 | Location: PA | Registered: 27 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas.
Long way from perfect but fun to do.

Don

Posts: 154 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: 08 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Very nice there, Doc. I like it!

Posts: 721 | Location: TriCities, WA | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Even with bad pics it is sure a nice little horn.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice looking horn and a great size for hunting, I like the smaller horns as they often will fit in my weskit pocket and I do not carry a bag for a day just fill my pockets, usually early in the season when I am out as much for a walk as expecting to take a Deer.Very nice work for sure.

Posts: 272 | Registered: 12 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I like that. Thanks for showing us.Mark

Posts: 164 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Very nice work.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I like the way you fluted the end cap.

Are you using a fiddle peg?

Nice Harley ;-)

Sparks

"I thought when you said you chased tornadoes, it was just a metaphor."
--soon to be ex-fiance in Twister

Posts: 247 | Location: Boise | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Nice looking horn Doc. I'm sure you'll give it a good workout. I'll be seeing that one pretty soon I'm sure. Now that you're up and around again, we'll have to hit the range and get our guns adjusted to hit the target.

See you at the range...Ken

Posts: 403 | Location: In the Hardwoods of Eastern Iowa | Registered: 15 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Johnny Reb
posted Hide Post
Very nice work Doc! Smiler

"All tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for People of good conscious to remain silent"
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 110 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Good looking horn Doc!

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Great horn, I prefer small horns when big game hunting. Larger when I'm hunting birds or small game seem to burn a lot more powder. Thanks for sharing the pics love them.

Posts: 85 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 06 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of kopfjaeger
posted Hide Post
Nice horn.

" A godly man and his rifle deprive sleep from the wicked, A christian man who prays is the defeater of evil, A praying man who will fight is the conqueror of nations and the hope of the oppressed "

Posts: 51 | Registered: 07 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post