Find
Notify
Tools

antler powder measure
 Login/Join

Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted
If any of you want an antler powder measure just for the cost of mailing it, drop me a line.

shoot first ask questions later

Posts: 220 | Location: Lyman, WY....just 6 miles from Ft. Bridger! | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
I've had some free time on my hands for the last few months and an excess supply of mule deer antler.

Posts: 220 | Location: Lyman, WY....just 6 miles from Ft. Bridger! | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the offer, but I have all that I need.
I made one from the tip of one of your Wyoming pronghorn. I carved the little hook at the end of the horn to look like the head of an eagle. Turned out well, I think. I've been using it for about 14 years now.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
all are spoken for now...

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Very generous offer. Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
BCR, I need your address...

Everyone else, I've got one more left...any takers?

Seepwater

Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
Mark Heiligenthal,

I need your address to ship the powder measure!

Phil

Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Phil,I sent it on personal message.

Posts: 164 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
I am just getting started in Blackpowder shooting, I
have a 1856 navy pistol. I would
like to make a measure to aid in loading. Would it be possible for someone to post a few pic's
of said measures.

I have a couple small, real small deer antlers that I would like to use.

I would like to add a Thank You in advance.

LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
For that pistol, you would be more historically accurate to use a flask with a per-measured spout.

Of course you can make a measure easily by using a spent 9MM cartridge...

But to answer to your request...
http://i1225.photobucket.com/a...rontierCrafts011.jpg

Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
Seepwater

Nice looking measure, one like that looks to be in my crafting range.
Thanks for the pic.

I will be testing loading charge first, before wanting to trim a spout to size, and I would like to keep from loading from the flask.

LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
I have made a couple of powder measures by purchasing a 1/2" brass tube from the hardware store, cutting it, then slitting, folding over, and soldering one end shut. Cut it to length as needed.

Welcome to the fire!

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Seepwater, I received my powder measure yesterday, and I thank you for it. It will get used. Mark

Posts: 164 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
Glad you like it! To tune it to your load just melt some wax into it and then when cool remove it to size with your pen knife.

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Seepwater, I opened my antler measure a fair amount more as I haven't decided how much I want it to measure. I'll be checking it with various things but I may use it as a shot measure. Very neat measure, thanks.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post