Find
Notify
Tools

Buckskin Pouch
 Login/Join

Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted
With the gift of a 1858 Navy pistol, I have started into the sport of blackpowder shooting.

After making the order for the have to have items, I found that I was still it need of something to keep the .375 cal balls in.

So out with the leather working gear, that gets used a couple times a year. Finding some scrape buckskin, it turned into this pouch.

Any comments welcome, good or bad.

LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Good looking little pouch,but I don't think the antlers will fit in it...
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
That's really some excellent work. Very fine pouch.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

The antlers is from a West Coast Blacktail that I was lucky enough to get a number of years ago. The deer would have just about fit in that pouch, I field dressed him and carried it out across my shoulders.

LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Nice pouch and that must of been a good Blacktail.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted Hide Post
looks good. Big Grin

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
nice pouch

Posts: 37 | Location: TIVERTON RI | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have put the finishing touches to my shot pouch.
The wood if trimings from the trees in my yard.

LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.