New
Find
Notify
Tools

New power horns
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
New to the site, and starting to make my gear. Here are 2 Buffalo horns I have completed, just posting to get some feedback on them. The small horn is 8" along the outside curve, 2 1/2 " at the base and holds @1/2 lb of FFFF, and the large horn is 11 3/8 " on the outside curve, 3" at the base and holds @ 3/4 lb of FF.
They have pine tapering cones inside with mesquite caps and turned mesquite plugs for the spouts. The pins are actually bamboo skewers for contrast. The large horn still has some of the white guard hairs as well for contrast. They have been hand rubbed with beeswax to shine the outsides, and coated with poly on the inside to make them airtight.

side view

Posts: 7 | Location: Georgetown, TX | Registered: 24 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
view of the plugs

Posts: 7 | Location: Georgetown, TX | Registered: 24 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Pretty nice.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
Them are some NICE horns. I like!!

LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Nice horns....

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of kopfjaeger
posted Hide Post
Really nice horns.

" A godly man and his rifle deprive sleep from the wicked, A christian man who prays is the defeater of evil, A praying man who will fight is the conqueror of nations and the hope of the oppressed "

Posts: 51 | Registered: 07 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Purty!

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Good job very nice

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Nice horns!!!

Posts: 64 | Location: piney woods of east texas | Registered: 23 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I like them both, especially the "leetle" guy. Very fine, IMO.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Those are really nice looking. You are a talented man, sir!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Did you say these are your first?OY!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Stone Fence
posted Hide Post
Those look good! My first one didn't turn out as nice as those... come to think of it, neither did my last one. Big Grin

My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 27 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: 20 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
How much do you want for them?

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Keep it up these are sweet!!!!! Smiler

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
real sharp looking

Posts: 459 | Location: Yuma, AZ......Soon to be WA.! | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post