New
Find
Notify
Tools

Squirrel horn
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
I was in need of a new horn for my 32 cal squirrel gun so I had Justin Cohee put this together for me.The carrying strap was mine off of another horn.

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
That's a nice little horn Boyd.

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
very nice

Posts: 140 | Registered: 18 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice horn!

Posts: 64 | Location: piney woods of east texas | Registered: 23 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Wow,nice...

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Nice. I didn't know squirrels had horns. Wink

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
I've heard the ones in Eastern KY do. Mean little buggers too, they will charge at a moments notice Smiler

God Bless
Whisler

Posts: 123 | Location: Northern Kaintuckee | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
that's why you have to aim fer between the eyes since they will charge if wounded!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
Here in NW Oklahoma we run em in the squeeze chute and dehorn em and then turn em back out into the herd. That's why you don't usually see em with horns around here.

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
That's a very well done horn and I like it.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Well,out here in The Great Basin,we don't have squirrels with horns,but Jackalopes fill the same niche.....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
both cougars and grizzly squirrels (AKA squirrelasauruses) are rumored to have been sighted here in the mountains of SW Virginia. But that's a fine looking horn regardless of what you plan to take with it!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Our squirrel season opens Sept 15th this year I plan on busting a few.

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to some pictures of said squirrel hunts Staley!!

Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking horn.

Posts: 82 | Location: north georgia | Registered: 12 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Nice little horn!

Our squirrels here don't have horns, but they do have webbed feet for the mud and 1/4' thick leather skin to ward off the skeeters. In fact, most of the squirrel horns the guys carry are flat horns so they can double use as fly/skeeter swatters. Smiler

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of kopfjaeger
posted Hide Post
Nice horn.

" A godly man and his rifle deprive sleep from the wicked, A christian man who prays is the defeater of evil, A praying man who will fight is the conqueror of nations and the hope of the oppressed "

Posts: 51 | Registered: 07 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post