New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eastern Riflemans Bag
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Does the above possibles bag have any historical background? I made one a few years ago. I added my own bead design and tin cones with deer hair I dyed red. While I'm at it--do the shirt patterns at Crazy Crow meet any HC specs? Does anything at Crow meet HC specs? I only ask 'cause it doesn't seem as though they come up here often.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Did you forget to post pic's?

Posts: 137 | Location: Former Yooper,Now in the GLORIOUS PICTURESQUE THUMB OF MICHIGAN | Registered: 02 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Well it depends on the historic era that you are discussing when it comes to Crazy Crow. They cover a really wide area, and seem to be Western centric. Their canvas "longhunter's bag" is simply something they came up with. Some of their leather bags are a nice pattern, though machine sewn and modern tanned. Most folks will do better if they get the leather, some artificial sinew, and come up with a pattern to suit themselves and the gear they use.

The clothing patterns will work, and you won't look out of place at an event, but I recently found out that even if you hand sew these (or other patterns on the market), they are modern patterns made to look like old style shirts, not actual copies of old style shirts. Eeker So one might as well machine sew them.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Pathfinder I didn't forget pics. I have had so much trouble in the past trying to post pics here that I don't attempt iot anymore. I have recieved ood advice on how to do it though. Dave I haven't ever given thought to a specif time period. I like all of it and don't do the get together thing. The bag I made was the pattern Crow sells that is made from blue wool. As an aside--Pathfinder A few years back I delivered cable to Hancock.MI for a ski lift.I didn't know there was a point of ground in MI tall enough to ski on. I also saw an elk in MI. Didn't know they had those either.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post