MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Accoutrements    Gun Rifle Safe needed fusille 59 inch
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Rifle Safe needed fusille 59 inch
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted Hide Post
LOL That's funny Rifleman and it works.

Posts: 210 | Location: Fingerlakes | Registered: 02 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
He say,"Good idea". Wink

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Just a thought. I use a old school gym locker that I found at a scrap yard. One drawback is locking ability. Paddle lock can be cut off.
Otherwise they make a good cheap gun safe.

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Good idea.

Posts: 210 | Location: Fingerlakes | Registered: 02 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
I have my firearms in the lower level "basement" of our house. I do have a safe, but there are some muzzleloaders that I like to look at and are too long for the safe.

I found a door at Home Depot that has a steel frame and steel bars backed by a metal mesh. It was meant as a protective home entry door in a high crime area. The frame to hold the door was installed at the entrance to the stairs to the basement using 3 1/2 inch lag bolts. There are two door locks with dead bolts on it as well as an alarm. I cut out a section of the metal mesh for pet use.

Could a professional thief with plenty of time break through the door? Certainly, with saws and large levers. But the common human vermin would be deterred. Also, the last time the alarm went off accidentally, the police were here in about 5 minutes.

I lock it every time we leave the house.
Ron

Posts: 62 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 10 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Serious security! Impressed.

Factor
posted Hide Post
Yow!!

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Serious Burglars, really don't want black powder guns. They are too much trouble to get rid of, and tend to be so rare that they stick out in ads, at auctions, and such. They want cash, jewelry, and easily carried electronics, and modern guns.

Your biggest problem are teens and junkies, who see a "gun" and take it and then realize it's an antique. Not to many armed robberies with flinters nor drive-by flintlockings. Then there's a good chance the thief will simply toss the item into the woods, and walk away.

That's why when you hear of guns being snatched, you rarely hear of them being recovered unless the Police get lucky with a quick search warrant after the burglary.

So if all you have is longguns, then a simple steel cabinet is about all you will need.

OH and guys LLP is not the same as LoP.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Pardon the ignance...but what IS LLP?

Graybeard
posted Hide Post
I was wondering why the acronyms came up.

LLP = Limited Liability Partnership as far as I know, but I don't use a cell phone.

Had to look up LoP (I could only find that it meant a stuip person.) Not sure why Loyaliist Dave used it.

Factor
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that means Length of Pull