MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  History    What Fronteirsman, Hero, would you like to be and why? And, what actor would you like to see portray this person?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Fronteirsman, Hero, would you like to be and why? And, what actor would you like to see portray this person?
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Crawdad
posted Hide Post
A more accurate account of Jeremiah Johnson or Edward Marshall, America's first long range snipers, "I would see an Indian then close one eye and would never see him again" kind of shooting. No Hollywood stars, but a few undiscovered actors with re-enactors that know how load and use a rifle.

Posts: 678 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
To me George Rogers Clark is one of the most overlooked heros considering what he acomplished. My rendezvous persona is a scout for Clark in the Old N. W. Territory. As for who could play him? Not sure. Maybe Orlando Blum.

Posts: 62 | Registered: 06 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
It would have to be my cousin (several times removed; especially by time) Nathaniel Bullock.

He was with Boone at the Blue Licks in 1778 when all 27 men were captured by the Shawnee. He and Jesse Copher(Coffer)and several others were taken to Detroit, placed under city arrest by Henry Hamilton.

Howsomever, in 1780 Nat, Jesse, and Simon Kenton(who had been captured in an unrelated Shawnee action) escaped Detriot by heading west 400 miles, to by-pass native lookouts, before turning back to the south and then east, later arriving at the Falls of the Ohio.

What an adventure that would have been!!

Regards, xfox (James E Bullock)

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of BigOtto
posted Hide Post
I would like to have been one of "Ashley's Hundred". Now that would make a great movie!! I can't think of any current actor convincing enough for the role of Ashley. They are all just too pretty and soft. Maybe Daniel Craig???

The best part about pounding my head against a wall, It feels really good when I stop.

Posts: 11 | Location: Central Minnesota | Registered: 24 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
wagh, were all wannabes, thats why we keep the age alive like Hampton Sides writes in Blood&Thunder these were the men of the "Golden
Age Of Wind Bags" thats why we have so many stories and tall tales,I'm still looking for the echo canyon that you can haller into when you go to the bedroll and have your echo wake you up in the morning.I love them all, they were truly the men that make us do what we do. Keep it alive boys and dream the dream. I would like any good storie of the Frontier life if it''s done in a good honest way with out the hasrh language thats what turns me off on any movie. and who could make a better lead that James Arness through in Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot that would be something.

Posts: 8 | Location: preston,Idaho | Registered: 30 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of JoeM
posted Hide Post
I would like to have been one of Lewis & Clark's men on the great journey. I'd like to see Mel Gibson play my part, though he'd most likely be cast as Lewis or Clark.

Ohio Joe / Chadron Fur Trade Days

Posts: 69 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 05 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of 71Eagle
posted Hide Post
Daniel Boone because he really helped open up the frontier. I'd like to see a good movie about Daniel Boone with Daniel Day Lewis playing the part.

Also Davy Crockett or Sam Houston (because both are Texas heros). Sam Elliott did a Sam Houston movie but the movie was terrible (I think he was hungry at the time). I think he would make a great Sam Houston in a good movie. I would like to see Tom Selleck or Daniel Day Lewis as Crockett.

Posts: 12 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Jacques Marquette aka..Fr Marquette

Google him....he walked the walk!

Sorry don't have a clue about hollyweird!

as a side note..Warning!! this web site will draw you in...hope you have enough time

from the Wisconsin Historical society-----

http://www.americanjourneys.org/

This scratches the surface of Wisconsin Historical Society.....ENJOY!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fowl,

Posts: 122 | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I would be the one with my scalp out on the lodge pole....Smiler

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
That's why I'd pick someone with a known history of longevity. And certainly not any military figure, as I had enough of that 43 years ago.
quote:
Originally posted by B Staley:
I would be the one with my scalp out on the lodge pole....Smiler

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post