MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  History    "The Long Hunt, buffalo EAST of the Mississippi....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Long Hunt, buffalo EAST of the Mississippi....
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
Picture of draken
posted Hide Post
[Doublelong Spring] I remember that article. Pretty sure it was in Sports Afield. As I recall, the article also mentioned incidents involving a settler's cabin being knocked apart by bison rubbing against the corners.

Dick

Gun control means being able to call your shots

Posts: 39 | Location: Middleport, NY | Registered: 06 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Glad my memory isn't gone yet. I seem to recall the part about the cabin.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know the range of the eastern buffalo? Did they live in Alabama? I hope so, that would add alot to my daydreams! Smiler

"...having Providence for their founder and Nature for shepherd, gardener, and historian."

Posts: 44 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 01 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Patrick what part of Alabama you from?

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Pare-
posted Hide Post
Patrick,

Yes, there were buffalo in Alabama. My tribe, the Seminoles, who were formerly Creeks from Alabama, still have the buffalo dance. They were even in northern Florida at the turn of the 19th c., if I recall correctly. The last known buffalo was seen in West Virginia in 1823.

Pare-

Posts: 104 | Location: Little River, I.T. | Registered: 06 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
The wife just ordered it plus The demand of blood the Cherokee war 1776. She ordered them from amazon......Smiler

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post