New
Find
Notify
Tools

the tv series turn
 Login/Join

Free Trapper
posted
don't know if any of you guy`s have seen this show but I found it to be rather good and intertaining for a historic based show. watched it the last three nights on Netflix.

Posts: 196 | Location: kenai peninsula alaska | Registered: 09 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Uuuhh,which series would that be?

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Johnny Reb
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting to watch Turn. I think season 2 starts April 13th. Looks like a good show.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for People of good conscious to remain silent"
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 110 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Johnny Reb
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting to watch it. I think season 2 starts April 13th. Boartooth he is talking about the series Turn. http://www.amctv.com/shows/turn

"All tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for People of good conscious to remain silent"
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 110 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
1 of these 1st days,I am going to have to buy a TV,sounds like you gents get to see some good stuff Razzer

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
the fact that the producer and director cash their paychecks borders on criminal fraud.

The Sons of Liberty is worse, but not by much.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
1 of these 1st days,I am going to have to buy a TV,sounds like you gents get to see some good stuff

Don't bother. Most of what is on TV is garbage.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Tried to watch both TURN and THE SONS OF LIBERTY, just couldn't do it.
There seems to be a trend or fad today for historians to put a 20th or 21st century spin and mind set on people and events that happened in the 1700's or 1800's.
This is unfair for many reasons.
The way we live and think today is totally alien to the people of those time periods.
Also this gives people reading or viewing a show a very distorted view and in some case utterly wrong "facts" about what happened.
Andy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: andy*,

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Rancocas is right, TV is a waste of money and time. We haven't had TV reception for 13 years and don't miss it. We do still have the TV and can watch movies, but rarely do.
quote:
Originally posted by Rancocas:
quote:
1 of these 1st days,I am going to have to buy a TV,sounds like you gents get to see some good stuff

Don't bother. Most of what is on TV is garbage.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
I will take the word on it Wink really couldn't convince myself anywho Roll Eyes

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I'm with you Scoundrel,I disconnected our TV service back when the kid was a pre-teen,I caught him watching one too many times when he was s'posed to be doing something else(usually homework!)......Haven't missed it much....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Boartooth, I cut the plug off the TV when one of my daughters was about thirteen because she kept turning it on before she got her chores done. Settled that problem.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Crawdad
posted Hide Post
quote:
There seems to be a trend or fad today for historians to put a 20th or 21st century spin and mind set on people and events that happened in the 1700's or 1800's.

quote:
the fact that the producer and director cash their paychecks borders on criminal fraud. The Sons of Liberty is worse, but not by much.

Well said and I couldn't agree more. Bugs Bunny and Looney Tunes had better written plots and better acting. Amateurish at its best.

Posts: 678 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Still as was THE SONS OF LIBERTY better than, Say yes to the dress or long Island medium.

By night my bones can't take exile to the cellar cave.
Waiting now for the Texas one coming up to save me again.

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
"It is always best to choose the lesser of two weevils!" So says Capt. Aubrey

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still as was THE SONS OF LIBERTY better than, Say yes to the dress or long Island medium

No I'd have to say NOT. Yes to The Dress is about women buying wedding dresses, and that's what they do. Long Island Medium is about the adventures of a woman who claims to be a modern day psychic, and that's what you see. SOL and TURИ are supposedly based on history, so the costuming and story line are sorta set...unless you're the writer or director for either show I guess.

LD

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave... I've only seen TURИ, not the other series, and the only reason I saw that not having cable or satellite or a crystal ball (was in hospital for almost a week) but I really enjoyed the 'catch up' marathon this past weekend. Well, at least the four episodes I watched. Enjoyed it to the extent that I recommended and put in a request that our little local library get the discs. I did have to chuckle, though... sounded like you were going into a low hover about the series'. Reminiscent of ME and mutton. I'm still laughing about that one! I'm with you on AMC's TURИ. Seems pretty accurate on uniforms and the history.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Actually it's NOT ACCURATE. Granted, I have some peeves with it that most consider minor, but the Major Problem with the show is it trashes John Graves Simcoe...a most honorable man, turning him into a debaucher of married women and a sadist. He in fact after the war became the Governor General of Canada, ended slavery there 30 years prior to the rest of Britain, instituted common law, and trial by jury, etc. Many of his citizens were Americans who fled North after the end of the war as they had remained loyal to The Crown. No...TURИ has some flaws that are simply unnecessary.

LD

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loyalist Dave:
quote:
Still as was THE SONS OF LIBERTY better than, Say yes to the dress or long Island medium

No I'd have to say NOT. Yes to The Dress is about women buying wedding dresses, and that's what they do. Long Island Medium is about the adventures of a woman who claims to be a modern day psychic, and that's what you see. SOL and TURИ are supposedly based on history, so the costuming and story line are sorta set...unless you're the writer or director for either show I guess.

LD
A colonoscopy is preferable to them

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll just let you guys debate this. I don't have a dog in this fight and only saw it because I was in hospital... no cable, satellite, antenna or anything at home. If if ain't on the radio or available through my computer, it doesn't get seen unless we are traveling and stay in a hotel, or get to go to the hospital for a few days.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post