MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  History    You Say Huzzah, They Say Huzzay
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You Say Huzzah, They Say Huzzay
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
Well researched article on how huzza was pronounced. Will reenactors every pronounce it correctly?

https://allthingsliberty.com/2...ah-they-said-huzzay/

Posts: 210 | Location: Fingerlakes | Registered: 02 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
*Waves hand in air* Guilty!....All these years of thinking I was so sophisticated....SCA,etc....My oh my oh my....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 1493 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
tomato, tomaato..... Confused

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Well, damme, sirrah! One learns every day!

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2886 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted Hide Post
That is really interesting. Thanks for the info and the link; looks like a really neat website

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I stand humiliated. Never heared tell of "huzzah" etc. My only familiarity with the basic sound was when a deep Georgian used it to say "huzza there"?

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3134 | Location: Virginia (by way of Georgia) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post