Find
Notify
Tools

Maleham Shotgun
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted
So at the Monroe show amoung the things I bought...I traded for a shotgun.
It is a .16 gauge side x side....damascus barrels ( thick and no dents/dings ) walnut stock..percussion lock. MALEHAM is marked on the lock...SHEFFIELD on the rib on the top near the breech.
Various proofs on the underside of the barrel
I think the maker was George Maleham....can find a bit of info on Charles Maleham...but he seems to have made cartridge guns....Georgre was his dad.
Anyone know anything about Sheffield guns?...the Maleham's?....
Also going to have a friend who makes muzzleloaders also check out my gun...to see if its shootable...if its ok....any load ideas?....just wanting a cool old grouse getter and clay bird buster...
Thanks.
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Pictures!!! Without pictures, it never happened!!!

God Bless
Whisler

Posts: 123 | Location: Northern Kaintuckee | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Working on pictures up Wisler....lol....
After looking it over....my friend and I thoght it is ok to shoot. Strong tight breech...sound wood...no rough spots in the bore....bright as well...just a copule spots of dark streaks in the bore...locks are tight and lock up in both full and half cock.
Andy

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Before you shoot the shotgun,,,,measure the lenght of the breech,,,some of the older shot guns and some manufactured over seas are only 2 9/16" modern shells are 2 3/4" to 3 1/2 " makes for a dangeious barrel restriction.....

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Walking crow...this is a muzzleloading percussion shotgun....but what you wrote is good information to know...thanks.
Andy