MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  History    whatcha reading these days?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

whatcha reading these days?
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
I am reading The History of the World in 100 Objects, which I recieved from my brother at Christmas. Heavy read, both in subject and book weight! I haven't gone the down the electric book road yet, has anyone out there taken up the kindle or nook?

Posts: 55 | Location: The Broadkill Hundred | Registered: 27 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Not me. I can't figure how to make the bookmark stay at the right place. Big Grin

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Yeah, got one for Christmas. Got some classics loaded down its muzzle for free. The Pioneer trilogy by Zane Grey was a dollar (if I remember right) for all three books. Go to the bookstore (linked to Amazon), pick out a book, punch a button, and you own it and are reading it in 15 seconds. When you turn it off it stops in its tracks right there, and as natural as breathin' it picks back up there when you turn it back on.

It fetches like a mighty fine dog.

Readin'sticks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fiddlesticks,

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Mountain Man by Vardis Fisher, Almost all of the Titus Bass historical novels by Terry C. Johnston, Just recently bought book of buckskinning two,

Wild as the wind

Posts: 404 | Location: Hittin the road | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Until yesterday, I had been reading Deerslayer by Jame Fennimore Cooper. But, I gave it up. His style is just too laborious to wade through with enjoyment. I am accostumed to reading old writings so that wasn't the problem. He just doesn't pull the reader along or into the story. Some paragraphs defy understanding. I know, famous book. I am probably unique in not liking. It is saved on my Kindle (glad it was free) and I may go back to it some day. But that really doesn't seem likely.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of TurtleDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rifleman1776:
Until yesterday, I had been reading Deerslayer by Jame Fennimore Cooper. But, I gave it up. His style is just too laborious to wade through with enjoyment. I am accostumed to reading old writings so that wasn't the problem. He just doesn't pull the reader along or into the story. Some paragraphs defy understanding. I know, famous book. I am probably unique in not liking. It is saved on my Kindle (glad it was free) and I may go back to it some day. But that really doesn't seem likely.

felt the same way about it myself,it just didnt hook me. could'nt get into Last Of The Mohicans either.

Member #277 Mo. State Rep. for the Traditional Muzzleloading Association
"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue"

Posts: 381 | Location: Butler, Missouri | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Johnny Reb
posted Hide Post
I'm almost finished with Boone by Robert Morgan

"All tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for People of good conscious to remain silent"
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 110 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
I've read all of the series, to when Natty was an old geezer. Read 'em a long time ago, myself.
You're right about them all! Probably not worth going back to unless you're stranded on a desert island.

Dick

quote:
Originally posted by TurtleDave:
quote:
Originally posted by Rifleman1776:
Until yesterday, I had been reading Deerslayer by Jame Fennimore Cooper. But, I gave it up. .

felt the same way about it myself,it just didnt hook me. could'nt get into Last Of The Mohicans either.

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post