Find
Notify
Tools

UMO Cayuse Handbook
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted
I am having a heck of a time trying to locate a copy of this book. These folks are not responding to emails or phone call from their website. Would anyone know where I might find this book new or used?....thanks....

"Don't Retreat, just reload"

Posts: 411 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
I just typed in UMO Cayuse Handbook on google and found a copy for $35.00 shipped.
looks like a cool book.
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
This is a very good book to have even if you don't ride. Lots of good documentation and hands on stuff. It was put together by the guys in the UMO party of the AMM. I am not sure but it may be out of print right now. We could check in on this and see what we can find for you. Brad? you know any more? Thanks

Posts: 350 | Location: Whitewater, CO. | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
Hi Buff..80.....I do ride. I had heard there was some good info in this book. So any help you provide in helping me locate one would be very appreciated......

Andy, I did try google and I just keep getting their website link, with no luck there!!! No response!!!

Posts: 411 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Notchy Bob
posted Hide Post
Is this the website?: UMO Cayuse Handbook

I have not had an opportunity to look at the book. It does appear to be a good one, and it was highly recommended on one of the reenactment forums.

Let us know what you find! If they are still in business and still have this and their other book for sale, I would be interested in getting them, too.

Notchy Bob

"Should have kept the old ways just as much as I could, and the tradition that guarded us. Should have rode horses. Kept dogs."

from The Antelope Wife

Posts: 333 | Location: Florida | Registered: 24 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Sage rider...thought about that after I replied.....thats what I get for typing with the flu.
Sorry.
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Here you go,
New contact is: Paul Jones, his website
http://www.historicanglingenterprises.com/
Tell him Bill #H1880 sent you!

Tel.# 903-594-8844
Email, anglerpwj@yahoo.com

Checks payable to, UMO
that stands for the Upper Mossouri Outfit

Posts: 350 | Location: Whitewater, CO. | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
Bufferub1880, I can't thank you enough. I am on it. Hope to see you on the trail some day!!! Jim

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Sage Jim,
Let me know if that worked for you? Sure would be great to catch up with ya!
Bill AMM #H1880 RMO

Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
Will do.....I am going to send you a pm!!!!

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Hey Jim,

Good to see you here! Smiler

This book is highly recommended reading. As a matter of fact I was just re-reading it last night. Great stuff.

If you still can't find a copy let me know and I can try to track someone else down for you. But I think Paul should be able to set you up.

Your Most Humble & Obedient Servant,
Bradley C Bailey
AMM #1980, http://www.rockymountainoutfit.com

Posts: 21 | Location: Centennial, Colorado | Registered: 21 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys, Mike Morgan is the go-to guy. Bill hooked me up with Paul and Paul with Mike.....gettin' er done!!! LOL

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Maybe post his info here so other folks looking for the UMO Cayuse Handbook know who to get in touch with.

Your Most Humble & Obedient Servant,
Bradley C Bailey
AMM #1980, http://www.rockymountainoutfit.com

Posts: 21 | Location: Centennial, Colorado | Registered: 21 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
Good idea Bradley, I will get his permission first and go from there!!!

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Sage Rider, yes Mike is the fellow to contact. I was able to get the UMO Cayuse Handbook from him last October. While your at it though, UMO also sells the AMM Handbook, a separate publication. Mike can provide that as well. I recommend getting both books.

Posts: 9 | Location: Lake Tahoe | Registered: 14 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
Hey Cap, thanks....got a hold of Mike and ordered and received both books......thanks!!! Jim