Notify
Tools
Add Comment
RegularJoe
 Login/Join

by RegularJoseph (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Hivernant
pictures of me in my real clothes

Posts: 119 | Location: Pennsylvaina | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Nice squirrel, Joe. I saw that right off . . . heh heh.

Your concept of fitting out to spend the night with the downed deer, if need be, impresses me. Meschach Browning would do that. No doubt most hunters 'back then' did. Alas, the pressure of the modern clock often interferes. Maybe it ought to be planned into the hunt a little better. Tell me, have you ever had to do that --- stay overnight with the deer?

I'm already changing my thinking on some things . . . hmmmm . . .

Chinscratchin'sticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of TurtleDave
posted Hide Post
hey! Joe good lookin outfit, where did you get your hat, i been lookin for one like it

Member #277 Mo. State Rep. for the Traditional Muzzleloading Association
"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue"

Posts: 381 | Location: Butler, Missouri | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
David, thanks for the comments. I got this hat at a local buckskinner shop here in pa. But im pretty sure the owner buys these felt blanks from crazy crow trading post .they have a web site, they have two they sell one is 19.99 and one for 24.00 i think i have the cheaper of the two. i just cut it down and made it wet and then propped the one side up against the wall on a shelf so it dried like you see it.just go to there website hit products then go to rendevous clothing and then it will be under the hats. i seen a guy at boonesborough where his hat this way and i thought it was pretty cool if i can find the picture i took of him ill e-mail it to you. hope this helps!

Posts: 119 | Location: Pennsylvaina | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of TurtleDave
posted Hide Post
thanks! Joe,i'm gonna get one and try it. if you find it i would like to see that picture,kinda give me an idea what i'm doin. thanks again

Posts: 381 | Location: Butler, Missouri | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Hi Joe, food for tought; pics would look better in a naturel setting,
woods, log cabin,or camp site.
And did I run in to you at Ft. Frederick?

Posts: 106 | Location: Eastern West Virginia | Registered: 04 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the background ,I just got back from hunting by myself where the pics would have looked nicer but no one was with me to take the pictures. my wife took these when i got back home.I ll post some older ones i have with a better background setting. No i didnt run into you at fort frederick i havent been down that way in about 3 years . Northern Lancaster was the only event i attended this year so far.

Booshway
Picture of TurtleDave
posted Hide Post
Hey! Joe, got me a hat blank from crazy crow,trimed off about an inch and a half but it still seems a little large to me.was wondering about how wide you trimed yours down to..thanks..david

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
David, My cut is less than perfect but there isnt any spot thats over 3" from the base of the hat.

Booshway
Picture of TurtleDave
posted Hide Post
thanks again joe