Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Muzzle Flash
 Login/Join

by SCLoyalist (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Booshway
Picture of SCLoyalist
Folks were doing a candle shoot one evening this weekend and I caught some of the pyrotechnics. They're shooting a Brown Bess carbine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCLoyalist,

Posts: 767 | Location: Panhandle Florida | Registered: 02 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Cool pictures!
No doubt you have a super fast camera lens...
Sparks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
What speeds did you have your camera set on for these? Obviously a relatively slow shutter speed, but what? F-stop?
Sparks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of SCLoyalist
posted Hide Post
The image data for the one of the guy wearing the tam hat says the exposure was 15 sec, f11. The one with the guy in the brimmed hat says 2.5 sec, f3.5. Both were with camera set at ISO 800. I came in on the tail end of the shoot, so didn’t have time to put much thought into the camera settings. I probably took the first shot and realized the shutter stayed open WAY too long, and opened up the lens. I know I didn't have a tripod with me, but I had the camera's anti-shake turned on, and I may have been bracing the camera up against a post. Plus, all the fire acts like an off-camera flash, which tends to help freeze motion.

Here's a health to the King and a lasting Peace. May Faction end and Wealth increase....Old Loyalist Ballad

Posts: 767 | Location: Panhandle Florida | Registered: 02 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of Firepit
posted Hide Post
Loyalist...the Flash in the Pan photo is a great picture.
I'm try'n to figure out how to make it a desktop background...with your permission of course. Great shots!

Posts: 63 | Location: Northern West Virginia | Registered: 22 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of SCLoyalist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Firepit:
Loyalist...the Flash in the Pan photo is a great picture.
I'm try'n to figure out how to make it a desktop background...with your permission of course. Great shots!

Feel free. I don't know if the site allows you to copy or download the image file onto your hard drive. <Yes, it does. Clicking the little 'cogwheel' symbol, Detach Image, and right clicking allows Saving to local hard drive>. Once the pic is on your local hard drive, right clicking on your desktop, then the Properties tab,then Desktop tab will set the jpg as background, I think. SCL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCLoyalist,

Here's a health to the King and a lasting Peace. May Faction end and Wealth increase....Old Loyalist Ballad

Greenhorn
Picture of Vermilion
posted Hide Post
Great shots!

Posts: 1 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 07 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post