MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  Gallery of Black Powder Craftsmen  Hop To Forums  Folks at the 'Fire    Number two grandson (Personal Album)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Number two grandson
 Login/Join

by volatpluvia (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
Ms Audrey and I just returned from a four day visit to St. Louis, Mo. Our son and his lovely wife and their three month old son, our grandson, live there. This is the first we have met him. We spent four days hugging him and carrying him around. Great time!

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Leon,
Great pictures. Has anyone remarked how similar you and your grandson look? Put some hair on his chin and he could borrow your drivers license!
Sparks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Yup! Sparks is right! The poor young'un has been marked by Papaw! Congratulations, Volie! I know you had a great time.

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Volat! Good looking young man there. Refresh my memory....your son is in seminary there in St. Louis?

Posts: 721 | Location: TriCities, WA | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Dave,
He was in seminary at Kansas City.
He is now Pastor to families with Youth in St. Louis.
He has to complete one course yet by directed study.
volatpluvia

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Rubbish! Even with my failing eyes I can see that this child takes after the fine and gracious lines of his Grandmother. Take a look again at the photo of Mz. Audrey holding this beautiful child. Notice..they have the same nose..not the beak of Brother Leon/Volate! The child has her soft warm eyes as well! And her soft composure..not the intense look of his Grandfather. Perhaps the childs smile says it best...a gentle smile with slightly upturned corners..as his Grandmother shows in the very same photo. Harrumph! When Leon smiles, his whole face turns upright..an ear to ear grin with teeth showing and eyes flickering in delight...he tilts his head back as though to laugh out loud in joy..not so this child. This childs smile is more demure and reserved..and just as pleasent I might add..but follows his Grandmothers gentle nature. Just my humble observations of course..not that I normally "go against the flow" ye know. Congratulations to the parents and the Grandparents as well. And may God bless ye all. Audie..the Oldfart..

Posts: 2155 | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Audie!
As usual, you have such elegent words! Now I laid eyes on the lad and said immediately that he favors his mother. She thanked me heartilly because everyone else was saying he favored his father. (my chest puffed out here) Anyway he is one huggable baby boy. We all, here at the volatpluvia household like the pic of him laying on the floor holding his head up with the twinkle in his eyes!
volatpluvia

pistuo deo lalo

Pilgrim
Picture of Firepit
posted Hide Post
I gotta go with ya on that one. The picture of him holding his head up is a real keeper! Beautiful addtion to the family. Best wishes and prayers for everyone.

Posts: 63 | Location: Northern West Virginia | Registered: 22 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of oneblanket
posted Hide Post
beautiful boy I am waiting for my first grandchild a boy due any day now can't wait

fire away and fall back

Posts: 484 | Location: virginia | Registered: 06 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post