Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Knife sheath
 Login/Join

by <sparks> (created on )Gallery | Comments 
<sparks>
Mostly a recently finished knife sheath, but includes my Colonial era glasses and my new shooting bag in supporting roles.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
One heck of a nice job Sparks, you can be proud for sure. Roaddog

Posts: 349 | Location: East cenral Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
SPARKS..THEM ITEMS SHINE.....YOU MAKE ME PROUD.

Posts: 358 | Location: Flat Lands of West Tennessee | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Snakebite
posted Hide Post
Ya done good Bubba, great job...

Keep looking up! (He's coming back)

Posts: 649 | Location: Along the Humboldt | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
VERY NICE!! how did ya get handle so dark is from wear or stain?

Posts: 59 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
The knife is brand new so it ain't wear and tear. The knifemaker dyed it.
Sparks

Factor
posted Hide Post
Somehow 'er nuther I missed this, Sparks. Glad I found it. That's terrific! You deserve less whacks, than usual, from the missus' spyder after that kinda work!

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of Repete
posted Hide Post
Nice job ,Sparks.how did you do the finish on the sheath,very nice

Posts: 62 | Location: Woodstock,Ontaryo,Canuckistan | Registered: 08 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Repete,
Believe it or not...here's what I did on the sheath. I started out to just use "100% Neatsfoot Oil Pure. I put several coats on and it was splotchy on the leather, and also revealed a bunch of tiny polka-dots that didn't look like they were going to go away. So I broke out the Fiebings Russet Leather Dye and cut it with Fiebings Leather Dye Reducer, then applied it to the leather. Mind you, this is after several coats of neatsfoot oil.

In short, I don't think I can replicate the color!

Sparks

Graybeard
Picture of colonialblacksmith
posted Hide Post
VERY NICE, I like your work,
Jeff

"Sorry MacAmlin were only taking men with long rifles"

Posts: 236 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Jeff,
Thank you very much!
Sparks

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice Sparks.

Posts: 557 | Location: geneva,fl | Registered: 29 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post