Notify
Tools
Add Comment
New banded horn
 Login/Join

by Mike Shaffer (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Hivernant
One I missed on the last posting.

Posts: 106 | Location: Eastern West Virginia | Registered: 04 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Beeeeautimus, Mike!

Say, the one with the bear --- is that a salt horn? Priming horn? Maybe the back end of a powder horn humped up closer to the camera for a good view?

Surely wish I could draw illustrations like that, much less scrim 'em into a piece of bone, etc.!

Envious'sticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Its a powder flask, cherry top and bottom with an osage orange spout.

Posts: 106 | Location: Eastern West Virginia | Registered: 04 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Packdog
posted Hide Post
Wow! She's a beauty for sure. Very nice craftsmenship
Ken

Posts: 1534 | Location: Signal Mt, TN | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
posted Hide Post
Mike! You've got to tell me how you do the bands on that horn....I've got a horn that's perfect and is just screaming for bands. I really like your stuff!

Posts: 1452 | Location: Good Ole USA of course! | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Mike, Great looking horns

Heck no, you'er the sort that gives that sort a bad name.
Trapper 54cal

Posts: 605 | Location: Los Alamos, New Mexico | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Snakebite
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, Wow... It's obvious you take a great deal of pride in your work. Awesome job. I especially like the powder flask.

Long live the American Craftsman!

Admiringsnakebite

Keep looking up! (He's coming back)

Posts: 649 | Location: Along the Humboldt | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
You surely now how to warm an ol' Arkie's heart with that Razorback!

I do admire your work for a fact.

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post