by Hole-in-my-Hand (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Greenhorn
Picture of Hole-in-my-Hand
Finished these up last week from left over wing bones

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hole-in-my-Hand,

Posts: 19 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Ah . . . a man after my own heart. Once you call up a gobbler with a wingbone it makes all the 'modern calls' seem like in-lines!

Most of mine are 3-boners, but I have one of Birdman's 2-boners that'll put a sparkle in your eye like a jack'o'lantern's glow! Lawzy, she's a sweety! Matter of fact I had to race in yonder and play a tune on her before I could finish this post!

Waugh---they stir me as much as a fine flintlock!

Thanks for the looksee,

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Hole in hand,
I see the pieces are tied together. Do you have to slit the larger bone where it fits over the smaller bone in order to get it to compress and hold?
Hombre del Bosque

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
No, That is just an artificial sinew wrapping. The bones are actually glued together. If I had some real sinew as it dried it would have shrunk and tightened up and held the pieces together just fine.

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Bro. Fiddlesticks, A 3 bone call is going to be my next project.
Got the idea for the 2 bone call from T.C. Albert's article in the Nov/Dec. 2007 issue
of Muzzleloader Magazine. Never been real good working with my hands but I'm proud of the way they turned out. Got to get off my rear and get the 20 ga smoothie patterned. Turkey season will be here soon!!
Thanks for the comments

Factor
posted Hide Post
Here's another idee. Lots fellers don't like to make calls from gobbler bones because they're too coarse sounding for hens. Thing is that if you use one and slow down the yelp notes you are making a gobbler yelp rather than a hen's. I've had young gobblers to yelp back at me on days when nothing was gobbling at all. They won't come in but it'll let you locate one, then move in closer and change to the hen-bone. Expect the bird to come in "silent."

The gobbler-bone needs to be a 3-boner.

It's another way to locate a gobbler when nothing else is much going on.

"Turkey Bob" Hotchkiss made my gobbler-bone.

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post