MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  Gallery of Black Powder Craftsmen  Hop To Forums  Firearms Gallery    Deadeye's Rupp build (Series 2) (Personal Album)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Deadeye's Rupp build (Series 2)
 Login/Join

by Deadeye (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
Here's somemore pics of the Rupp build since I can't get them all in the Series.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deadeye,

Posts: 1452 | Location: Good Ole USA of course! | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Linda Scurlock
posted Hide Post
Deadeye, let me know what problem you had with your series. I can expand the number of photos allowed or the size of the album allowed if necessary. Thanks, Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
posted Hide Post
Hi Linda, I wanted to load more pics but it wouldn't let me so I started another Series. I'm guessing I'm going to have quite a bit more in this Series since I still have a long way to go on this Rupp. As for allowing more pictures in the 1st Series that would be up to you but I don't think it's really needed....thank you anyway.

Some of these guys might not want to look at 30 or more pics at one shot anyway. Maybe I'll let the others decide if it's needed or not.

Posts: 1452 | Location: Good Ole USA of course! | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I see what you mean about multiple photo series being necessary for a project such as this. Nice work, BTW! -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Posts: 698 | Location: Texarkana, Texas | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
posted Hide Post
Just to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about the Rupp, I needed to take a break from her since I was getting into areas of this build that really had me wondering if I should even go further or just put the stain to her and start shooting. Well....I couldn't do that and finally got up the courage to start the stock carving. That might not sound to bad for some here but one bad cut or chip in the carving then I'm hosed and then there's nothing as bad as a bad carving job on a great shaped stock! Once I get a new digital camera I can start posting some pics.

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Aw, Deadeye,
Been there and done that! Most slips of the knife and chisel can be worked over so no one sees them. Of course, if you show people where you messed up, then they will see it. Keep it to yourself, hee, hee!
This is from a guy who has had a few slips of the knife and chisel.
Snicker. Have at it!
volatpluvia

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
posted Hide Post
Hiya Volat! It's been quite a long time since I've been here. I've had one really bad year and this one didn't start off any better. I lost my favorite girl and father both with in a years time. But I'm getting everything back to normal and have finally started back on the Rupp. I also sold my house during all this and have my work shop up and running, so I'm back carving the stock. Now I don't have a computer at home anymore and mine at work won't let me in the site so while I can I'll post from where ever I can get on. Hope your matchlocks are coming along fine.....from what I've seen they look great. I noticed there are a lot of new names here but I'll be posting when I can. Take care Deadeye

Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
posted Hide Post
I'm back and will be posting pics of my Rupp being carved, all I have to do is get the new camera up and running!

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, Deadeye! Glad to see you got the "bugs" with you login worked out. -Linda

Managing Editor
Scurlock Publishing

Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the help Linda! I even got some pics posted, still easy if you ask me.

Booshway
Picture of Snakebite
posted Hide Post
Looks like you're really getting a handle on it. Looking forward to seeing more.

Keep looking up! (He's coming back)

Posts: 649 | Location: Along the Humboldt | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sparks>
posted
Looks good, Deadeye!

Sparks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
posted Hide Post
I posted more pics of the Rupp and I can finally say I'm almost ready to stain her! I was going to have alot more carving but decided to go light on it since I like a more subtle look. I don't have any engraving on the patch box or cheek piece yet but that's something I need to learn how to do.

I ended up using Honey Maple with a final coat of Nut Brown....I posted a pic but the flash really made it look brighter then I wanted! I'll find out in the morning sun light and cross my fingers....I should have wet her down a bit to see just what the final color would be with a varnish on her. I have a feeling the stripping is really going to show on this Rupp in some cool ways and can't wait to see it.
I'm not sure how I'm going to do the barrel or lock yet, I'll know more after I get the stock all stained and oiled.
The ram rods might have the burnt spiral the whole way around but I'm not sure on that right now.....again it all depends on how the stock turns out. Everything has to compliment each other to look good.

I'll be posting more pics soon and hope I can get better pics in the natural sun light, I'll post them here soon.