MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  Gallery of Black Powder Craftsmen  Hop To Forums  Firearms Gallery    Early Dickert longrifle (RCA #48) (Personal Album)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Early Dickert longrifle (RCA #48)
 Login/Join

by bioprof (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Hivernant
This is the early J. Dickert longrifle that I finished last year. It has a 44" Rice Swamped barrel in 50 caliber, wood from Gunstocksplus and Dale Johnson lock from Jim Chambers Longrifles. This is going to be my hunting rifle this fall.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bioprof,

Posts: 130 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Snakebite
posted Hide Post
Fine job there prof. I reacon if that tree could talk it would tell us about how many other fine arms similar to that one have come by over the years.

Thanks for the pics.

Keep looking up! (He's coming back)

Posts: 649 | Location: Along the Humboldt | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
A genuine beauty, 'Prof. I love your work.

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Packdog
posted Hide Post
Bioprof,
I know very little about this style rifle but she looks good to me. Nice job.
Ken

Posts: 1534 | Location: Signal Mt, TN | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
It sure is a beautiful rifle, Bioprof. I really like the 44" barrel, it kinda balances it out and gives it a graceful look. I wish you good luck hunting and hope you decide to post pics of your sucess.

Posts: 155 | Location: michigan | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
You do some fine work and if you cane shoot as good as you bild guns them deer best look out.

Posts: 349 | Location: East cenral Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Very nice job. I have always liked that early style Dickert--in fact I have one alot like it but with a .54 Getz 42" swamped barrel that is my big game rifle. I think you'll like it afield. I also have a swamped 44" .50 [Colerain] and so I know you'll like the caliber too. I use 75 gr fffg and a .490 ball in my .50, but for many folks that is on the light side...

Posts: 1510 | Location: Louisiana Territory | Registered: 19 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of harpersferry
posted Hide Post
GREAT JOB. Love the lines and the utilitarian look

Aim small, Miss small

Posts: 47 | Location: Bellingham, WA | Registered: 24 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Just beautiful work man, good luck makin meat with her

Wild as the wind

Posts: 404 | Location: Hittin the road | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post