MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  Gallery of Black Powder Craftsmen  Hop To Forums  Firearms Gallery    Ultimate Squirrel Gun (Personal Album)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Ultimate Squirrel Gun
 Login/Join

by Keb (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Greenhorn
This is the ultimate squirrel gun.
Ash stock
45" octagon to round .20 caliber barrel
L&R Manton lock
All hand forged iron furniture

Posts: 47 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Keb,
Tell us a bit more about it. That stock has nice stripes, but I'll bet it is heavy.
Is that cat deadmeat yet? I wouldn't let no cat sit over my gonne, Hee, Hee!
Looks like a real busineslike gonne. I like the double patchbox especially.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Not much kick to it, I'll bet!

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Night Owl
posted Hide Post
Very nice gun!!

Posts: 265 | Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan | Registered: 03 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
JR Salvo made this gun. The gun is surprisingly light and not barrel heavy at all. The stock is ash and the stripes are artificial. All the hardware is hand forged. The barrel is also hand made. I've never shot it but I bet a .22 would rival it in the recoil department. Smiler

By the way. The cat's name is Tips and he's a good friend of mine.

Posts: 47 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
posted Hide Post
That looks like a sweet gun for sure, I bet it's fun to shoot. Do you know the weight, maybe around 9 or under?

I like your cat Tips, I've got a cat myself and her name is Malee....she's a sweety & pretty but mean to all but me! She's Siamese....so look out Volat!

Posts: 1452 | Location: Good Ole USA of course! | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I didn't weigh it but I'd be surprised if it was more than 6 or 7 lbs.
And yes, it is for sale as everything I have except Tips Smiler

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Pretty little rifle!Will you use a metal ramrod? [And Tips is a **** hansome cat!--Don't tell him I said so--he obviously knows!]

Posts: 19 | Registered: 17 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Are you going to leave the barrel finished "bright?"
If not, how are you going to darken it.

I've got a fowler that I was going to just let it age itself brown...but that seems to take forever and will still be mostly bright when I am too old to use it. I'm looking for a way to speed up the process that is fool proof.

Sparks

"I thought when you said you chased tornadoes, it was just a metaphor."
--soon to be ex-fiance in Twister

Posts: 247 | Location: Boise | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Very nice,is that the proper orientation of the flint ,flat side up?

Posts: 81 | Location: N W Florida | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Yep, possibly the ultimate but definitely amazing and nice.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post